Mema and I saw this idea and we decided we just had to try it out. The hanging flower cans are made out of old coffee tins — perfect for a little Mema and Jill Do It Yourself project.
All you need is the cans, rope, spray paint and the ability to work a drill to make the holes. I’ll be honest — we had help on the drilling 🙂
We decided to put potato plant in the hanging flower cans because we like the lime green and bright blue together.
Mema was a great creative director:
The paint was extremely hard to get off. We tried ammonia and nail polish remover. After those didn’t work, Mema ran off to find her cure all — Turpentine. I am now a believer. It took of the paint immediately! Gotta love the old fashioned remedies.